AUTUMN BEEF AND CIDER STEW
- 2 pounds beef Stew Meat, cut into 1 to 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10.5 ounces condensed French onion soup
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- Cook bacon in stockpot over medium heat until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper-towel-lined plate.
- Brown 1/2 of beef in bacon drippings over medium heat; remove from stockpot.
- Repeat with remaining beef; season with salt and pepper.
- Return beef and bacon to stockpot. Add soup and cider; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-1/2 hours.
- Add sweet potatoes and cranberries to stockpot; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; continue simmering, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until beef and potatoes are fork-tender.
- 2 hrs 30 min
- 6 SERVINGS
- 432 Cal
- 36 gProtein
- Nutrition information per serving: 432 Calories; 12g Total Fat; 5g Saturated Fat; 5g Monounsaturated Fat; 98mg Cholesterol; 1384mg Sodium; 43g Total carbohydrate; 36g Protein; 4mg Iron; 5.2mg Niacin; 0.6mg Vitamin B6; 2.9mcg Vitamin