CALIFORNIA SUN BURGER
with Cucumber/Avocado Sauce
Here’s a surefire way to take your menu from ordinary to eggstrordinary, with the California Sun Burger. A Cloud burger topped with diced avocado, onions, cucumber, tomato and a fried egg, served on an onion brioche roll.
- 1 Cloud Burger
- 1 tsp Salt / Pepper
- 1/4 cup Cucumber/Avocado salsa (see below)
- 1 or 2 Slices Heirloom Tomato – depending on circumference
- 1 Egg, sunny side up
- 1 Burger bun
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it’s on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty
- Season burger evenly on both sides. Place on hot grill. Cook to desired temperature.
- While burger is cooking toast the bun (if desired) & cook sunny side up egg.
- Place the burger on the bottom bun & top with the avocado salad. Top the salad with the sunny egg. Place the bun top slightly askew & place the tomato slices on it.
Cucumber / Avocado Salsa
- 1 English cucumber, peeled, diced
- 4 Avocados, diced
- 1 Red Onion, small diced
- 4 Limes, juiced – fresh squeezed
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1/2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Jalapenos, pith removed, minced small
- Measure all ingredients
- Place in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix gently, being careful not to smash the avocados too much. This is a chunky style salsa, not guacamole!
- Taste for seasoning.
- Place in proper container, label & date, place in cooler.
Shelf life is 2 days.