HORSEY GOUDA BURGER
with Horseradish Aioli and Caramelized Onions and Bacon
- 1 Rochester Cloud Burger, 3:1 (item #128731)
- 1 tsp Salt / Pepper
- 1½ oz Caramelized Onion Bacon Mix (see below)
- 1½ tbsp Horseradish Aioli (see below)
- 1 slice Smoked Gouda Cheese
- 1 Hamburger Bun
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it’s on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty. On a 350-degree grill this burger will take approximately 3.5 minutes on the first side & 3 minutes on the 2nd side. They cook quickly!
- Season each Cloud burger evenly with salt/pepper. Place on a 350-degree grill or flattop. Once the burger begins to thaw & form juice pockets on the top, it’s ready to flip.
- Once the burger is almost done, top it with the caramelized onion bacon jam & smoked Gouda.
- Put the burger on the bun & spread the bun top with horseradish aioli.
Suggested Portion Size: 1½ Tbsp
Portions Per Batch: 13
- 1 cup Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Grated Horseradish
- 1 Tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp Salt / Pepper
- Measure all ingredients
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl & mix thoroughly.
- Place in proper container, cover, label & place in cooler.
Caramelized Onion Bacon Mix
- 6 Large Yellow Onions, Julienne Sliced
- 1 Lb. Bacon, diced small
- 2 tsp. salt/pepper
- Freeze the bacon 50% of the way. It is MUCH easier to dice this way.
- Once diced, place in a large pot or stove-top braiser. Cook on medium heat until the bacon is cooked through
- Once the bacon is ready, remove the bacon. Keep most of the fat in the pan & use it to cook the onions.
- Place the onions in the pan & cook on medium heat until thoroughly caramelized. Stir them often as they cook. Once they are totally cooked through & are a nice amber brown they are ready. We are not looking for sauteed onions! These should be slow cooked for a long time (45-60 minutes) so that all the sugars are released, giving a nice, sweet flavor.
- Once the onions are ready, stir in the bacon. Cool on sheet trays.