PORK BELLY BURGER
with Maple Mustard
Super charge your burger using pork belly to replace traditional bacon, some delicious cheddar cheese and grilled apples to top it off.
- 1 Cloud Burger
- 3 slices Pork Belly (see below)
- 3 Apple Rings
- 1 slice Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tbsp Maple Mustard (see below)
- 1 Burger Bun
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it’s on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty.
- Using an apple corer, plunge it down through the apple & take out the whole inside. Slice the apple into ⅛ inch thin slices. Place them on a hot grill & grill to achieve a nice diamond pattern.
- Cook the burger to desired temperature. If not already grilled off, grill off the pork belly.
- Once the burger is cooked to desired temperature top it with the sliced cheddar & melt slightly. Shingle the pork belly on top. Place the grilled apple rings on the bun top with a dollop of maple mustard.
Pork Belly Slices
- 8 oz pork belly sliced ¼ inch
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Place all ingredients (except the pork belly!) into a food processor & pulse until completely ground.
- Slice the pork belly roughly ¼” thick and marinade in the sauce for at least one hour. Overnight is better though.
- Place pork belly onto a hot grill & cook for about 2 minutes. Flip & repeat until nice & crispy.
- ¼ cup whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Mix ingredients together.
- Place in cooler to set for at least an hour.