SOUTHWEST SLAW BURGER
Nothing brings a fresh bite to a burger like a fresh southwest slaw combination with jicama, red cabbage and onions and a delicious brandywine heirloom tomato.
- 1 Cloud Burger
- ½ tsp salt/pepper
- ¼ cup Southwest Slaw (see below)
- 1 slice Brandywine heirloom tomato, thick sliced
- 2 Tbsp smoked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Brioche bun, toasted
- Burger cooking 101: Only touch a burger twice once it’s on the grill. Once when you flip it and once when you take it off. Do not press on the burger, do not poke the burger, do not bother the burger. The more a burger is handled the likelihood increases in subpar performance and a dry patty.
- Season each Cloud burger evenly with salt/pepper. Place on a 350 degree grill or flattop. Once the burger begins to thaw & form juice pockets on the top, it’s ready to flip.
- Once the burger is done, place it on the bun. Top it with the southwest slaw, the sliced brandywine tomato & the crumbled smoked bacon.
- 1 lb Jicama, peeled, matchstick sliced
- ½ head red cabbage, thin sliced
- 2 red onions, thin julienne sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, medium chop
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp salt/pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the jicama, cabbage, red onion & cilantro. In a separate bowl mix the remaining ingredients.
- Coat the veggies in the dressing & mix well to coat. Store in proper container.
- HINT: This should be made fresh daily!